Friday, September 7, 2012

Not the Move I Imagined

We moved our things out of the house in Windom. Despite our best efforts, after hours of driving we moved them in to the in-laws storage shed and Grandma's garage.



To put it mildly, the rental market here in the Crookston area is dismal. D-I-S-M-A-L. I have put off writing this post in the hopes that we would find something, that one of my many leads would come through and I would be writing this post from the kitchen in my own house. Alas, I am not. I am writing from the dining room table of the in-laws.

But, I am so thankful.

I am thankful to have in-laws that have let me stay with them for more than six weeks.
I am thankful that they have let Sogn come to the house.
I am thankful that we have a safe place to store our things.
I am thankful that we have people looking for us, helping us as we make this incredibly difficult transition.
I am thankful to have a job that I love going to every day.
I am thankful that my job is an amazing attorney job in an unforgiving market.
I am thankful to have found incredible co-workers who have already found ways to encourage, challenged and support me.
I am thankful that Calhoun has moved back to the Red River Valley with me, and that he's cooking a great pheasant stew while I type.

The past few weeks have been incredible in so many ways.

1 comment: