Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Caught a Fish!

Calhoun and I had a great weekend at Itasca State Park celebrating Bemidji's 60th birthday! The weather worked out beautifully and we had a fun time relaxing in the cabin, hanging out with Blueberry and then getting out in the canoe a little this afternoon.

And, in very exciting news, I caught my first fish of the year! Well really, this guy is my first fish in a long time. When I was a kid we used to go fishing with my grandparent's a lot and I think I had a fair bit of luck. Well, maybe just exactly how much luck an 8 year old suburban kid can have with a plastic rod. But, my childhood memories of fishing are of an activity that involves sitting still and being quiet - not really my strengths. Then, as an adult, fishing has been something you have to do very early in the morning. Again, not a strength.

But, I'm constantly striving to be a better outoor-woman so I try and try again. And caught my first fish of the year, this guy! A little Perch! It may be the first time in my life I've caught something other than a sunfish. 

look real hard, I swear there's a fish in this picture 

Then Calhoun put me to shame and caught this guy. It's a Northern Pike.


Looks like I'll have to keep working towards catching a fish we could actually eat. But hey, I'm not too tore up about it. I caught a fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment