Wednesday, July 20, 2011

... Finished in a Week

In one week I will be done with the Minnesota Bar Exam. I have tried not to write too much about law school or the bar exam because I like to make the Mostly Minnesotan Blog my happy place (and I know that if I update you about the Bar Exam, at some point you will start to wonder if I passed and I may have to update you about the result). Instead, I have tried to blog about things that have been fun and are adventurous, and the Bar Exam is neither of the two.

But, two writers, more talented and thoughful than I am, have written pieces lately that I think any 2011 Minnesota law graduate will enjoy reading as part of their study break.

First, here's a piece from a food blogger who is apparently also studying for her state bar exam. From what I can tell, Yvonne is attempting to remain sane while studying for the bar and I think she's written about it in a really fun, accurate way. Her blog went viral across my facebook last week and I just wanted to share it with those of you who are not in law school. So here it is, You Know You're Studying For The Bar If..., from Earthy - Toasty - Spicy.

Second, a piece from a solo practicioner, published in Minnesota Lawyer's Solo Contendre Blog, called Law Schools and the Sorting Hat. It's not about the Minnesota Bar Exam but it is about Minnesota law schools. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, as I am, you will enjoy this. It's Michael's take on which law schools are which Hogwart's House, I thought it was a great study break and I'm proud to be a graduate of my house...Go Gryffindor!

No comments:

Post a Comment