Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Sandwiches

I have not been leading a very balanced life lately. The joys of graduation came paired with my last few weeks of work, a final 25 page paper that had to be completed and a surprise job
interview that required hours of travel (no job, don't worry, I'm not leaving Minnesota yet).

But, the paper is complete and there are no interviews on the horizon so I've been able to just enjoy the first week of studying for the bar exam and letting the thrill of hours of property law wash over me.

But seriously, it's been kind of nice. For the first time in years I have lunches off and for the first time ever, Calhoun and I have been
eating lunch at home in the middle of the weekday!

We've been enjoying the average sandwich, but I came home yesterday to
a wonderful surprise! Since Calhoun had grilled a whole
chicken the other night and we still had plenty left over, he
had decided to make fresh chicken salad for lunch. In his typical way, he did not follow any recipe exactly but was inspired by a few of the recipes from Whole Foods.

So basically, these were our ingredients:

1 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
5 teaspoons honey
Asparagus
Chicken
Tomato
Salt and pepper to taste


Mixed in a bowl and served on a hoagie bun!

Paired with a glass of lemonade and served on a picnic table made for the best Thursday lunch I've had in a really long time! I'm looking forward to more summer sandwiches and lunches like these!

1 comment: