Sunday, August 22, 2010

The BWCA

On Saturday morning we departed from our trip to the Boundary Waters! Calhoun and I brought two of my friends from school, Uptown and Sparky, and Sogn. We got our permit from the Grand Marais Ranger Station then loaded up at Ram Lake, off the Gunflint Trail.

Calhoun and I have never been up in that area before and we didn't realize how hight the elevation is! We completed four portages that first day and climbed up the whole way. We were exhausted at the end of the night.

The weather overall was a bit chilly, with winds every day. I thought it was great, because it meant that sitting around and reading and eating. I was a little sad that instead of wearing my bathing suit and getting a tan I wore my winter hat and a few jackets, but I think that preparing for and experiencing everything and anything that could happen is part of the adventure of the Boundary Waters.
I had a wonderful time and I'm so happy that we went and got to share it with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment