Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lyndale Park Rose Garden

After weeks of planning, I was finally able to meet up with my friend Hale to take a walk around her new neighborhood. I'm glad the dreary weather is finally letting up, because we brought Sogn along and got to burn off some energy.

Hale lives in the East Harriet neighborhood, some of those houses are fa-A-ncy! She does not live in one of those fancy houses, but she does live in a cute apartment that makes me wish I had given South Minneapolis a chance when I was an apartment dweller.

Anyways, we strolled around the sights and made our way to the Lyndale Park Rose Garden. The roses aren't out yet, it's still to early for those perennials, but the tulips are beautiful right now, so if you're in the area I suggest you take a quick detour. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the tulips because Sogn was being a bit of a puller.

However, the trees at the end of the empty rose garden are in full flower, and they are simply beautiful. I'm definitely no plant identifier, so I won't pretend. But here's a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment