Monday, April 25, 2011

Train-Riding-Weather

The weather has gotten nice enough that it's no longer justifiable to drive to school and walk through the skyways to work. It's time to take the train again!

It's actually been train-riding-weather for a few weeks now, but apparently Mother Nature didn't get that memo at the same time I did. A few Fridays ago when it was snowing, this was the scene at the station when I got off the train.

I am happy to report that the walk has been a lot more enjoyable lately! My spring green trench coat does the weather-protection job and my feet aren't wet when I get to work!

I've also really enjoyed taking the train lately because life has otherwise been so busy. You see, I'm a bit of a control freak and I have a very hard time just relaxing and taking life at a reasonable pace. For example, right now I am watching Friends on my computer, writing a paper and blogging. But when I'm riding the train, I have a guaranteed twenty minutes or so of doing nothing but sitting there and zoning out. I don't read on the train so it's not a good time to pack in a few more pages or reading and editing. I just have to sit there and wait to be wherever I'm going to be next!

I kinda like it, and I'm very glad that train-riding-weather is here to stay!


*I understand that lots of people take public transit every day all year, I'm clearly not that tough yet but I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment