Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Neighborhood School

Growing up in a wonderfully mediocre suburb of Minneapolis, I attended a wonderfully mediocre elementary school - a school all the way across the district. I did not attend the cute neighborhood school.

But guess what?! Then actually DO exist! Since I've become a dog walker I've realized that I live in the land of the neighborhood school.

We live in a beautiful little house, and when I say 'little' - I mean SMALL. The house was built in the 1920's, has a cute little swinging door between the dining room and the kitchen and two small bedrooms. Calhoun and I live here with our zoo and can't imagine having children in this house because we don't know where they would go. But, when the neighborhood was new, it was a neighborhood of working people, families, children and neighborhood schools.

I took Sogn out on Saturday morning and we zigged and zagged around the neighborhood and walked past three schools. They're adorable and filled with small children playing baseball on Saturday mornings. I have come to enjoy the Saturday morning walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment